When we feel low and/or anxious we turn to things that provide comfort and relief. A common unhelpful coping strategy is to turn to food. Unfortunately, the benefits of doing so are usually short lived and often followed by an increase in the low mood and/or anxiety that triggered the increase in eating initially.
This workshop aims to help attendees
- Understand triggers to emotional eating
- Explore one’s own motivations for change
- Introduce a range of skills to move towards more regular eating patterns
Together we will learn how emotional eating affects us emotionally and physically, as well as the way it changes how we think and behave in different situations. You will learn a range of coping strategies to help improve your eating patterns including:
- Keeping diaries of food and feelings
- Establishing a regular eating pattern
- Challenging strict dietary rules
- Alternative ways of dealing with difficult emotions
Weight loss is not an aim of this workshop.
To find the dates of when this workshop is next running click here