Mindfulness therapies bring together the timeless traditions of mindfulness meditation with the science of modern psychology.
Mindfulness practice helps you to:
- live fully in the present, rather than being stuck in worry about the past or the future
- be more aware of patterns of low mood and stress, and respond to them skilfully
- choose your actions wisely and take care of yourself
- learn to accept yourself and your feelings, however painful, as this can make you less likely to suffer from depression and stress in the future
- find calmness and equanimity within life’s joys and difficulties
1. Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Prevention of Relapse into Depression
A 9- week course suitable for people who have had previous episodes of depression and who are currently recovered from the last time when depression was profound and disabling.
2. Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction for the Psychological Management of Pain and Chronic Illness, and Anxiety
An 8-week course suitable for people who suffer from chronic pain, have long-term health problems or have developed chronic anxiety and react strongly to different forms of stress. The practice of mindfulness helps us to lead more creative lives, even when we experience chronic stress, long-term pain or enduring illness.
To find the dates of when this group/workshop is next running click here