When we feel low in our mood it can be hard to know how to get back to our usual selves. Often our motivation is affected resulting in us withdrawing from others and becoming less active. When we are doing less we have more time to think which often starts becoming negative and self-blaming.
This workshop aims to help attendees:
- Understand our own experience of low mood
- To understand and change unhelpful behaviours
- To understand and change unhelpful thinking
Together we will look at how reduced activity levels affect us emotionally and physically, as well as the way it changes how we think and behave. You will learn a range of coping strategies to help increase your activity levels (not just exercise) and challenge your negative thoughts including;
- How to develop better habits around activity and health
- Understand pitfalls of activity and why we often fail- learn strategies to overcome these
- Challenging and changing our inner negative voice to be more in line with reality
All workshops have been recorded by our therapists and are available to view online. We are currently unable to run face to face workshops due to the pandemic. You can see all of our workshops here.