Balance provides employment support to people, working in partnership with Kingston iCope. We offer an impartial, supportive, and confidential approach to help people find the right job for them and to prevent them leaving their existing jobs due to mental ill health, when they want and can work.
We provide support in the following areas:
Support to sustain your current role.
- Discussing ways to support your wellbeing at work and developing strategies that you can use along with support with confidence and motivation
- Reflecting on support that is available within your organisation, for example, a supportive colleague, Employee assistance programme or speaking with your manager about your health and advising on reasonable adjustments, if appropriate. We can speak with your employers or talk you through ways that you can do this.
- Support you if you feel your current role has a negative impact on your mental health and you wish to move into a different sector which is more in line with your interests and values.
Returning to work from sick leave
- We can help you to return to work and develop a plan to help support you. This could include liaising with your employer or supporting you to do this, to include a phased return and ongoing support.
Finding the right job for you
- CV development, interview skills, job searching, assistance with application forms
- Signposting to courses, volunteering, and advocacy
- Guidance on changing career sector including looking at your current skills, what your strengths and interests are and planning what training or support there is to link you in with
- Overcoming identified barriers for example coming off benefits, working with you to stay motivated by helping you identify your employment related goals.
Accessing our support
If you would like to receive support from Balance, please speak to your iCope clinician and request a referral to Balance. Alternatively, please email email@example.com if you require further information.
It might be that you would benefit from just one session which we could follow up with resources or more typically we work with people for around 3-6 months. Our service provides clients with a blend of face-to-face support, telephone, and video conferencing.