We recognise that this is a very difficult time for people and we are working hard to ensure we offer as much support as possible.We are also working hard to follow government and NHS guidelines aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19. This means we are making some changes to how we provide psychological assessments and treatments, the type of support we offer:
- We are only able to offer assessment and treatment sessions by telephone, video or online support.
- We are offering specific support for COVID-related distress/anxiety – including a rapid response well-being phone call, additional webinar based workshops, and a brief evidence-based intervention aimed at improving your coping skills
- If you only wish to have face-to-face appointments, we would encourage you to try telephone or video sessions first, or to get in contact once we resume face-to-face support
- You can keep up-to-date on developments here on the website or by emailing us
- We are not able to answer phones directly as our admin are all working remotely – the phones are being monitored and we will respond to voice mails.