Online Typed CBT with ieso
ieso delivers one-to-one Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in real-time over the internet using written (typed) conversations. Patients meet with an accredited psychotherapist in a secure online therapy room, at a scheduled time. The therapy is the same as face-to-face CBT, just delivered online through instant messaging.
Access to online typed CBT is very quick; you can typically have your first appointment within two weeks of opting in to the service.
Key benefits of typed online therapy include:
- Appointments are 60 minutes long and can be attended from anywhere patients can connect to the internet, whether on the move, or from the comfort of their own home
- All that is required is an internet enabled device (i.e. PC. laptop, tablet or smartphone)
- Appointments can be scheduled between 6am – 11pm, 7 days a week, including weekends to fit around work and other life commitments
- As the therapy is online and in written format, ieso patients can review their session content and transcripts at any time during and after treatment to consolidate learning
- Some people prefer the anonymity and discreetness of online typed therapy as it eliminates the risk of conversations being overheard
For more information about what to expect from ieso, please watch this short video: To contact Ieso directly, you can call them on 0800 074 5560.
How to access this free service
To be eligible for this service you must be registered with a GP in Camden or Islington and have an email address. If you are interested in accessing IESO, please talk to your iCope clinician.