- If you are a health professional from Camden or Islington wanting to make an online referral on behalf of someone else please click here.
- Alternatively, you can email us a referral: Camden and Islington iCope referral form
- If you are a health professional from Kingston, please click here
- Patients can also self-refer via our website
- For patients with more complex needs (for example where there are risk concerns, a history of contact with mental health difficulties or previous contact with mental health services) it would be more helpful to receive a GP referral as this helps to ensure we have adequate information when deciding on the next steps.
- iCope is unable to offer appointments to people who are currently abroad. If a patient is out of the country temporarily, please refer the patient when they return to the UK.
- If you have any questions about suitability for the iCope service you can seek advice from the Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner or Psychological Therapist linked to the patient’s GP practice. If you do not know the clinician in your practice, you can contact us.
- Where a patient has more complex mental health needs you can also consult with the Core team (formally the Practice Based Mental Health Team), who will be able to advise about the most suitable service, and will liaise with iCope if necessary.
What happens next?
Once we receive your referral, we will review this and if we think we are likely to be the most suitable service for the patient we will contact them (usually by phone) to arrange an assessment appointment. This first assessment appointment is usually over the phone. If we do not think we are likely to be the most suitable service, or if we have further questions, we will contact you.
If a patient self-refers and we do not have enough information and/or we are unsure if we are the right service, we may advise the patient to meet with their GP in the first instance, to consider the referral.
If you have made a referral but have not heard from us, please contact us.